Don't cha just wanna eat it??
Since I knew I would be getting hungry after my swim, I made my spelt wraps in advance, this time, freezing some like Angela suggested. Here's a pic:
Swimming was great! I could feel my ankle/knee still bothering me so I'm glad I didn't push it and run. This was my workout:
- Warm Up: 300m free, 100m backstroke comfortable pace
- Kicking: 200m alternating breaststroke and free kick
- Pull: 200m, switching each 50 between free, back and breast
- "Main Set": 200m free 30s rest, 6 100m alternating each 100 (1st back, 2nd IM, 3rd Free, repeat) on 2m 15s, 6 50m same as the 100m on 1m 10s
- Cool Down: 100m slow pace
I attempted to make a salmon cake for lunch to put in my wrap. I was somewhat successful but I needed to add a binding agent, like an egg white, so it would stick. I mixed:
- canned salmon- 1/2c to make 2servings (saving one for tomorrow)
- onions, red peppers and carrots lightly sauteed
- paprika, deli mustard (squirt), plain fat free yogurt (a dollop)
- pepper, no salt because the canned salmon was salty already
Close up of my attempt:
Nuts for Nuts!!
I heart nuts. I like nut mixes, plain nuts, nut butters, dried nuts, sweet treats. My dad always sends me nut baskets from NUTSONLINE. This is a great website and I highly suggest it (they ship to Canada too). Why you may ask?
- Nutsonline delivers quickly! I am impatient so I want it fast.
- Everything is fresh. You can smell the quality as soon as you open your package.
- You can mix and match. Chocolate covered pretzels and pistachios? Yes please.
- Makes a great gift.
- Their health information is online. I don't mean just calories and fat. They tell you the vitamins in their products! How great is that?!
Leftovers from my delicious basket. Please note how he chocolate covered pretzels are nowhere to be found.