Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Monday!

Good morning!

I decided to try a new yoga class this morning.  I usually do yoga practice Monday and Friday at 11am.  I am the youngest person in the class by about...20 years!  So today, I went with my friend Staci to a "younger" class.  Here's my recap:

Pros:
  1. This teacher knew her stuff.  She told us the name (and translation) of every pose, which was very cool and interesting.
  2. She moved around the class.  She helped us find our poses, corrected posture and just moved in general so we could really see her.
  3. This was a workout.  She really had us moving quickly, doing one sequence in "real time"
  4. It was early. 8am.  I usually don't wake up until 8:45! It got my day going on the right foot.
Cons:
  1. Our instructor wasn't the most soft spoken of people.  I felt like she was a little too stern at some points.
  2. It was a little difficult to focus on my breathing and the movements.  She was really going fast so it was pretty much one breath for every move, rather than feeling the move for a few breaths.
  3. It was a workout.  Pro and Con because sometime I just want to relax and stretch.
  4. It wasn't very spiritual.  I am not the most spiritual person but I like it with yoga.
I will defiantly go back. I think I'll alternate between the two class, one on Monday and one on Friday (I like to sleep in a little on Fridays :) )

Speaking of Yoga, Angela as purchased from Lulu!  Check out her comment on yesterday's post :)  She had some great things to say.  Thanks for adding me Angela and thanks for the comment!

Pre- Yoga Breakfast


  • homemade spelt wrap
  • homemade black bean puree (black beans, touch of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, red onion)
  • sauteed red peppers, white onion, spinach
  • 3 egg whites
  • fresh strawberries
 

Post yoga snack
  • one fresh apple
  • about 1.5tbsp all natural peanut butter on half
  • a drizzle of natural honey and cinnamon on the other half


I am going to The Fat Tuscan for a birthday lunch!  The paninis sound wonderful, but I think I am going to get the Nicoise Salad...Ahi Tuna is calling me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment