Thursday, April 30, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- Washing your hair after a good workout/the beach/the pool/a looonnggg time (ew but true)
- Brushing your teeth the next morning after a long night out
- New Socks! Especially new running socks
- A cool breeze on a warm day
- An unexpected text! You know when you just don't have time to look at your phone and don't hear it ring and then you finally look...and you have a text from someone unexpected? Yeah I love that feeling.
- Saturday Morning rainstorms. ARE. THE. BEST.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- Cioppino again. I AM obsessed with this stuff.
- RAW-ISH LUNCH!: Veggie Juice (carrots, apples, kale, celery) I could DEF taste the Kale which was EXTREMELY salty...but the apples and carrots helped keep it sweet WITH a huge salad of lettuce, avocado, tomato, olive oil, some (not raw) feta
- SUSHI!- I had this one roll that was wrapped in soybeans....so different and so tasty.
- MICROWAVED EGG WHITES! BEST.THING.EVER. I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE. I put 3 in a mug and nuked them for 1min 30sec. SOOO much better than a fried egg. THey are so fluffy and moist! I saw them on Eat, Live, Run! :) Thanks! Super easy and delicious.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- sushi!! I got wakame salad, miso soup and a tasty roll
- salmon salad wrap: canned salmon, light mayo, flatout wrap, lettuce, tomato, avocado
- juicy pear that I dropped on the ground so I ate around that part...whoops...
- odwalla c-booster juice
- 1/2c rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- a little less than brown sugar
Monday, April 13, 2009
- 1/2 banana
- 5 strawberries
- handful of spinach
- vanilla protein powder
- silk milk
- Too Jay's Veggie stuffed pita (holy yum)
- Banana Foster Oatmeal (oatmeal, banana, brown sugar)
- turkey breast
- slice of wheat bread
- chips and salsa
- one tortilla
- 1/2 order of chicken fajitas :)
- refried beans
- some guac/lettuce/tomato salsa
- brownies. why chunky monkey. im going to be a chunky monkey.
Friday, April 10, 2009
- 1 cup shredded wheat
- 1 cup silk light
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 avocado
- vegan burger, quite good! Boca Vegan Burgers :)
- cucumber, tomato
- 1 cup of grapes
- 1/2c edamame
- soy sauce
- lemon juice
- some chickpeas
- you can add edamame, corn, different beans, something sweet
Thursday, April 9, 2009
- I tried Kale for the first time, in a green smoothie and really liked it. Veganism made me branch out and try different breakfasts. I'll be incorporating more kale into my diet.
- I don't necessarily need meat to feel full. I had udon noodle soup, tofu wraps, salads with beans and felt satisfied without the added animal bi products.
- I already enjoy fruits and vegetables, however, vegan cooking allowed me to experiment more with them. It also made me consider incorporating more "raw"foods into my diet.
- It helped me feel more in control of my eating. When I wanted chocolate, I knew it wasn't part of my eating philosophy and I was able to better resist.
- I found that I did not miss meat but rather eggs. I think eggs have a lot to offer health wise and I enjoy them for breakfast and for snacks. I really did miss them. And milk. Soy milk works very well in smoothies...however I perfer a glass of cow's milk to drink or in cereal. This is probably a habit and could be easily broken, however, for now, real milk for me.
- Just because it is vegan, doesn't mean it is healthy. I made a cake and trust me, this bad boy was pretty heavy calorie wise...no eggs doesn't mean low fat.
- I found that I did experiement with many diffrerent foods, however, I also ate more carbs than I normally do. I did not necessarily feel lighter after the 4 days.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Hi Friends! So Yesterday started Vegan Week for me! So far so good..granted it has only been 24hours.
I came home to visit my parents since this week is Spring Break for the Public School District, therefore, I will be uploading all my cool pics on THURS. I've been cooking away so make sure you stop by and look at my creations :)
So yes, Vegan Girl here as part of Ryan's challange.
Ezekial Toast, Nat Pean But, Nat Jelly
an orange..that tased rotten..yet I still ate it..great.
WHOLE FOODS HOT BAR lol I like ran through the store grabbing things I needed for dinner and then ate this:
- quinoa salad with corn and black beans
- indian tofu deliciousness (made with oat milk)
- brown rice
- all vegan friendly :)
other 1/2 of larabar
SO GOOD. I made some recipes for the fam from the vegan cook book:
- Two pea and roasted red pepper soup ( They had grilled shrimp too..not I though)
- arnold thin with hummus
- lemon coconut bundt cake
- all vegan of course
YAY! So my new obession is Iced Tea..not sweet tea...not tea with added sugar/sugar substitute/fake scary stuff....just cold tea. I can feel myself getting healthier by the minute. Seriously.
- kale leaf
- 1 tbsp all nat pean but
- almond breeze vanilla (1cup)
- 1 large banana
...GREEN MONSTER!LOVED this combo..minus the fact that the monster was stuck in my teeth until I brushed them.
So today , I took my car to get an oil change and my mom and I hit up the mall. First off...the new color of the season is bright yellow. Which is great. Because I love it. I got this soo cute bright yellow cardigan and cute stripped shorts from Bana Repub. And new sunglasses from Coach that I look fab in if I do say so.
Hit up the Granery with ma mere (mom in French..I love French..consider this a little lesson).
For lunch I made a wrap with:
- grilled tofu
- quinoa cranberry walnut salad
- a little bit of brown rice salad made with veganaise
- baby greens
- 1/2 vegan dumpling
more please. it was that good. even ma mere thought it looked delicieux!
Here's a little fun. Watched The Hills last night. WHY HEIDI? First off..I hate Heidi's fake look (but that's old news)..and I HATED Lauren's Bday look. She's gorg..but this outfit didn't do her justice. Also...Heidi needs a life. Stop spending 24/7 with your Chuckie Doll BF. Get some friends. Hate when girls ditch ALL their friends for a boy and then come crawling back when things don't work out. Bad move. Never works out.
Sweet Little Heidi in the Beginning of her relationship with Chuckie (aka Spencer)...
UH...WHERE DID THAT CUTE GIRL GO?!?!!? Chuckie Ate Her.
Watched the CMA's...those ladies are so beautiful! Carrie Underwood is smokin as is Julianne Hough...I literally love Julianne and her BF..so.cute.! I heard Carrie Underwood is a vegetarian...hopefully by the end of my Vegan Week i'll be even hotter than her...
Julianne and Chuck.
Just imagine my head on that bod...how perfect...
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- seared salmon
- multigrain bread
- avocado spread
- side salad
- tomato based broth with spinach in it
- salmon. so good.
- coconut cream pie..so light and moist and the perfect amount of coconut
- chocolate raspberry tort...really good although not what I thought it would be. We only ate about 1/3 of this one
- red pepper
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
- 1tbsp nat peanut butter and all fruit jelly on 1/2
- slice of gouda on other half
- Cancer Fighting Agents? Check.
- Digestive Help? Double Check.
- Antioxidants? Check
- Bacteria (gooood bac)? Check
- Naturally Alcoholic? WHOOOOOOWHEEE!! Haha jk. But seriously, Check.
- tuna (solid tuna)
- avocado...obsession with it...
- dried cherries
- sauteed spianch with 1tsp olive oil and garlic
- amy's organic black bean chili, corn bread, rice
- bowl of roasted red pepper and tomato soup
Thursday, April 2, 2009
- 1/2c oats
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- some organic skim milk
- 1tbsp pb
- some walnuts
- some raisins
- synergy! (the "raw material" is a little scary...)
- primal strips
- green and black chocolate
- Better than Peanut Butter (i know...i really shouldn't have...)
- and apple (juice or the fruit..not sure)
- pinto beans
- brown rice
- whole wheat wrap
- 1/4 mashed avocado (best part)
- 1/2 slice gouda
- tofu artichoke spinach dip...uh..so good. recipe anyone?
- 1 black bean manicotti
- some mac and cheese
- lots of roasted broccoli with garlic
- lots of roasted veggies
- handful of mary's chips for the dip
- 1 dark choc with rasp and almonds
- 3 toffee milk chocolate
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- 1/2c oatmeal, 1c water
- 2tsp natural pb
- 2tsp nat. jelly
- 2tbsp trail mix
- mix mix mix
- egg whites (the girl looked at my like I was crazy when I asked her to ditch the yolk?!?..she couldn't figure out how to pop it out haha)
- Herb chicken (not that great)
- Avocado (this was really good)
- strawberries..2 measly ones!!
- Light Ranch..although all I did was dip my fork a few times.
- Baked Chicken
- 3/4c brown rice
- red pepper
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1.5tbsp sweet thai chili sauce
- Stir Frizzle
- 1/2c stonyfield Dark Chocolate Fro-Yo
- sprinkle dark choco chips
- all nat pb (probably 1tbsp...maybe less)
- 1 square dark choc