Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'M BACCCCKKK

HELLO WORLD!

So, I took a brief hiatus from blogging and boy did I miss it :)  I hope you all missed me as well.

Since my hiatus, I have really refocused on eating what I want to eat...not what I think I should eat.  For example, I don't need a million snacks a day.  I just simply don't.  Not now anyway.  I am not running nearly as much as I was before and I was still continuing to snack away...but it wasn't necessary.  

I am trying to incorporate more raw food into my diet.  I have NO plans on becoming a raw foodie, although I really applaud those of you who follow this lifestyle, I think it's great.  However, I am trying to have a few raw meals a week.  I think it is an interesting concept with many health benefits.

I have been sporadically running due to my knee and I really miss it.  

Lastly, I have been eating out WAY TOO MUCH.  I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing though.  On one hand, I have not been eating dessert. In fact, I have not had dessert since....last thursday? (except for some on Sunday during Founder's Day :)  Which is a good thing since I can't seem to control myself with dessert.  I have also been ordering somewhat healthy items in appropriate portions so...we shall see how this works out.  

So...that is the latest update.  Overall, I feel LESS controlled by food!  Which in my opinion is great.  Being controlled by food is scary and I am happy to report that I have felt much much better in the past week or two.

My race for Cancer is SATURDAY!  It came upon me so quickly.  I am currently signed up for the 10k, however, I might switch to the 5k.  I am going for a run in a few minutes to see how my IT Band is feeling.  I don't want to really injure it.  I am so excited for this race though because some of my friends are doing it as well.  They might all be doing the 5k and in that case...it would be fun to all run together!  

I will be back to picture taking!  For now, here are some highlights:

  1. Cioppino again. I AM obsessed with this stuff.
  2. RAW-ISH LUNCH!: Veggie Juice (carrots, apples, kale, celery) I could DEF taste the Kale which was EXTREMELY salty...but the apples and carrots helped keep it sweet WITH a huge salad of lettuce, avocado, tomato, olive oil, some (not raw) feta
  3. SUSHI!- I had this one roll that was wrapped in soybeans....so different and so tasty.
  4. MICROWAVED EGG WHITES! BEST.THING.EVER.  I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE.  I put 3 in a mug and nuked them for 1min 30sec. SOOO much better than a fried egg. THey are so fluffy and moist!  I saw them on Eat, Live, Run! :) Thanks!  Super easy and delicious.
Also, I think it is strange that Miss California from the USA pageant is going around saying her answer cost her the title.  I think that is rather presumptuous of her to say and is a dig at the winner, Miss North Carolina.  The whole pageant itself in my opinion was rather strange. Girls were wearing barely there evening gowns, everyone looked INCREDIBLY FAKE, yet beautiful, and the hosts?  Really?  They did a terrible job.  They were unprofessional and it made the entire pageant seem like a sham.  Skinny Runner brought up some good points as well.  I believe this pageant focuses more on beauty than brains, which is too bad.

4 comments:

  1. That raw juice sounds amazing. glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

    What are the advantages , if any, to raw food?? Is this just a fad or is there any science behind it??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meghan! I have a question for you .... so I'm running a 5k on Saturday at the Bronx zoo. I need things like my wallet, keys, I would love to bring a camera, but I don't know what to do with all these things while I run!!
    Do you have a certain bag thingy you bring with you on your competition races/runs? I'm not sure if the facility has lockers or not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a science behind raw food. To get a really good understanding of it, check out

    www.choosingraw.com

    She has TONS of info :)

    Most races do have a check in site where you can leave items you want in baggies they provide, check them in and then retrieve them later. IF they don't, you can run out to the closest running store and get a gear belt. They have ones that can fit A TON of stuff. My hyrdo belt has a little pouch where you can put keys and such. Obviously you don't need a hyrdo belt, but hop on over to a running store and I guarantee you'll find exactly what you need for a reasonable price.

    I want to see pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete