Monday, July 6, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away.

It's raining. again. I think it has rained every day..this summer.  Not gunna lie, I sorta like it.  I am in the middle of the Harry Potter series right now and I never feel guilty staying inside to read when it's raining.

For breakfast, I tried a Gorgeously Green recipe

  • organic instant oats (just rolled oats..no added colors)
  • 1 tsp organic coconut
  • 1 tsp organic honey
  • 2 tbsp skim milk
  • 1 small banana
Pretty darn good. Held me over during my yoga class, which felt more like Bikram since it was about 10000 degrees in the room. I kept looking around to see if anyone else was sweating, finally some woman asked for the fans to be turned on lol


Lunch was my left overs from yesterday:
  • whole grain pearl cous-cous (1 box)
  • tomato, cucumber, basil, red onion (one each of the cuke and tom...1/4onion and some basil)
  • splash of lemon juice (fresh lemon), 1-2tbsp of olive oil for the entire recipe (which serves 4)
Cook couscous in 2cups of water for about 15min until water is absorbed.  Chill.  Add ingredients.  Feel free to add 2 whole cloves of garlic.  Just toss them in and then for flavor.  They will infuse throughout. Season to taste (salt, pepper, other spices such as cilantro, parsley, mint...)


I had one serving  over romaine lettuce with a ezekial pita topped with avocado on the side.





I personally need a fat source (ie. cheese, avocado, salmon,  nuts) to keep me full so that's why I added the avocado on the side.

Off to do some major grocery shopping.  While I'm there, I think i'll par-take in operation beautiful!

 I'll be reviewing raw cheddar cheese this afternoon so stayed tuned 

1 comment:

  1. It rained all but 5 days here in NJ during the month of June! It got to be super depressing. July however, had been much sunnier!

    ReplyDelete