Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gourmet Sandwhiches

Good evening blog world!  Today was a busy and productive day :)

I went to the gym this morning for my 3mile run.  I actually hate running on a treadmill, however, unless you get up at 5am in Florida (which I AM NOT willing to do..) it is wayy too hott out there to run.  So, the gym it is.  I wanted to work a bit on speed and endurance all in one so I did this little workout:

Warm up-
2 min walking

1/2 mile  5.7 speed  incline .5
1/2 mile   6.0 speed incline .5
1/2 mile   6.3 speed incline 1.0
1/4 mile   6.5 speed  incline 1.0
1/1o mile  7.0 speed  incline 1.0
.15 miles    6.5 speed  incline 1.0
1/2 mile    6.0 speed incline 1.0
1/4mile     6.0 speed  incline .5
1/4 mile   5.7 speed  incline 0

Then I walked another .2 miles after just to cool down. It was pretty good, with the walking and everything I did 3.25 miles in 34:00 min so not too shabby.  

Lunch was -ok- but the highlight was my Back to Nature Chocolate Delight Granola.  Granted, I only put 2 tablespoons on the yogurt..but it was SO worth it.  It is all natural and delicious..crunchy and chocolaty.

I love sandwiches.  Any of my friends will tell you about my obsession with sandwiches- I love wraps, subs, paninis, ect.  So tonight, I made my own gourmet sandwich for a fraction of the cals.

Ingredients:
  • Arnold Sand Thins (all I had I know it's not the best choice but whatever)
  • homemade pesto
  • roasted red pepper
  • spinach
  • chicken breast
  • 1/2 slice all natural gouda
  • press together on the forman.
It was amazing.  I really liked the homemade pesto.  Here's how I made it

Serves 2:
  • 1/2c basil packed firmly
  • 2 tbsp chicken broth
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh parm
  • garlic
  • process.

(pre-press)


So creamy with a strong basil flavor.  I actually got this pesto sandwich idea from my mom, who saw it in Cooking Light magazine.  I didn't look at the actual recipe in the magazine, but this was the general idea.  On the side I had zucchini fries :)

And for dessert...Soy Delicious Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches.  If you like coconut, get these.  They had a great coconut flavor and were extra creamy.  I love me some dessert :)




Now off to watch the obnoxious brats of NYC Prep...

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of sandwhiches and wraps too!

    ReplyDelete