Sunday, July 19, 2009

Juicer



So I played with the new juicer and made the best juice ever!! Sorry the color isn't that great. It made about 12oz of juice which my sister and I split, but I was definitely craving more!!
  • 2 apples
  • 4 carrots
  • 4 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 orange
  • 1/2 lemon
  • The lemon and orange added a nice tang..so amazing.
I plan on trying Natalie Rose's Raw Lemonade Later this week...



For dinner we had a wild salmon salad (serves 2):
  • 8 oz wild salmon (raw, salt and pepper, olive oil, in the oven for 15min 425)
  • 2/3 cup corn (fresh corn on the cob would be better, we used frozen)
  • red bell pepper
  • 2 oz avocado
  • red onion
  • 1 oz herbed goat cheese
This is one salad..quite a beast right?


Workout: 12pm run in Florida..what was I thinking you may ask? who knows.

Miles: 4.6

Time: 47 min (um yeah...just kinda trudged along but I didn't even care. I felt good and focused even though I was seriously going so slowly..for me atleast). Drank about 12 oz of water on my run

Pre Run Fuel: Ezekial Bread with 1tbsp all natural PB

Post Run: 4 oz soy chocolate milk (MUAHAHAHAH love this stuff) and a couple sips of passion fruit cocowater.

Tomorrow, we are holding a little dinner party! Should be quite fun..we are going to veg out with organic wine and the Bachelorette (Team Reid..oh wait she dumped him..wtf Jillian..Team Kiypton I suppose..). My sister and I are making the pesto pasta from Fat Free Vegan's site and bringing the organic wine. My friend Jen is making roasted veggies and Kelli is making homemade key lime pie (I am dreaming about this..I can taste it now...)

I finally finished Harry Potter and let me just tell you, I was a mess! I get so emotionally involved in books, that I come to see these as real people (ie Snape...I couldn't stop crying..I'm so strange). I think this is why I enjoy reading so much. It takes me into another world that the TV just can't do. Here are some of my favorite books, ever:

  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • The Kite Runner
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • Harry Potter
  • My Sister's Keeper, Handle with Care
  • Good in Bed
  • The Red Tent
If it doesn't make me cry (in a good or even sad way) I don't like it. lol. Happy Reading everyone.




1 comment:

  1. My Sisters Keeper, in my humble opinion, is the best book ever written. Of course, Jodi is my favorite author so I might be biased.

    ReplyDelete