Friday, February 27, 2009

Dinner...BISON?


I have been searching high and low for Bison.  In my small town, it is not available.  After casually mentioning this to my dad, he ordered me POUNDS of Bison from an online company :)  I was beyond excited ( I scared the Fed Ex guy with my sheer enthusiasm).

Tonight I decided to whip up the Bison Sausages.  They were DELICIOUS.  I added them to whole wheat penne, a touch of olive oil, sauteed mushrooms, red peppers and spinach with a little red pepper flake for heat.  The bison sausage had a rich flavor and was still very reasonable calories and fat wise.  I highly suggest them :)

I was unable to take a picture of them, but tomorrow I will upload pictures!!

Now for some dessert.  I have been trying to plan for a dessert every night..or else..I rummage through the kitchen eating everything in sight.  BAD. So, tonight, I am going to have 1/2 a cup of Breyers Natural Chocolate Chip ice cream.  In addition to loving food, I am trying to eat as naturally as possible- this mean limiting my processed food intake.  I realize ice cream isn't exactly a real "winner" with regards to eating naturally, but, I want something sweet (more like I want ice cream haha) and while low sugar this and fat free that is tempting...it is so fake. So, I am going to have a scoop of the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment