Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cat woman

Hi blog world! Today was an interesting day! There was pretty much a hurricane and then the weather was beautiful. So strange.

I started off the morning with a slice of ezekial raisin toast and a little earth balance. I then ran. It was way too hot, however, I love being sweaty so I didn't mind. I took it nice and slow.



Distance: 4 sweaty miles

I then rehydrated with Gatorade. Usually, I drink coconut water, however I only had the plain kind left and I really hate it. I LOVE the passion fruit and mango, but can't stomach the plain. So I opted for electric blue gatorade. So healthy. I only drink electrolyte replacement drinks when I'm super sweaty or if I am sweating out salt. Usually water is fine for me during things like spinning or a short run.

In addition, I made the best juice ever!
  • 1.5 large carrots
  • 1 medium kiwi
  • 1 small apple
  • 3 handful of spinach




Lunch was a spinach salad with tomato, avocado and roasted turkey. And since I was frigid, I added 1/2c of Pacific Tomato Roasted Red Pepper soup, which happens to be my favorite :)

Snack was a banana and fresh ground almond butter...dreamy...




Dinner! My sister made my stuffed peppers ( she was practicing for when I move out lol). SO delicious! This time we added Fire Roasted Tomatos to the mix. Plus a side of corn.

I have noticed that I have been eating more animal protein lately. It hasn't been a conscious decision, however, I have been craving turkey for lunch almost everyday! Wonder why?

Dessert was 1/2c of Breyer's 1/2 the fat ALL NATURAL creamy Chocolate Chocolate Chip...YUMMMM. I love Breyer's all nautral as much as I love Stoneyfield Yogurt! Great ingredient list and even better taste.

Kitty was eating the flowers my parents sent my sister for her birthday..such a silly cat...even if I end up being a cat lady, I don't mind because my kitty is precious.


I was on the WW message boards and I saw a post about what you would like to say to certain people. Ever since Operation Beautiful, I have been making a real effort to end fat talk. It's nothing but harmful and often, untrue. I think sometimes we like to say, "Oh, I am so fat" or "I need to diet" because we want others to tell us that isn't true. I'm so sick of saying, "Im so fat" or "I need to loose weight" as well as hearing it. I don't think I am fat. In fact, I know I'm not, so I need to stop saying it. It's almost as though saying it it normal. I am making a vow now to end fat talk! And if someone really does think they need to loose weight, then do it! But don't just say it to say it. It brings people down!! Be confident in yourself. Workout to feel great and eat healthfully to feel great and you will!





No comments:

Post a Comment